Be a part of the first ever MMA Draft Combine! MMA Draft is excited to bring the first Mixed Martial Arts standardized and skills testing to the 2013 UFC Fan Expo. We are bringing state of the art technology to gauge the athleticism of our Prospects as well as MMA Experts to assess their talents.
Combine Date: Saturday July 6th, 2013
Pre-Registration: Must be registered by June 30th
Registration: Friday July 5th, 2013: Please visit the MMA Draft Booth #7036 (open all day) on the main floor of the UFC Fan Expo. Your Vitals will be taken and interviews will be done at registration.
Time: 11am – 2pm (Do Not be late! Combine will start on time!)
Location: UFC Fan Expo Inside the South Pacific F Ballroom at Mandalay Bay Convention Center
THE MMA DRAFT COMBINE IS NO LONGER TAKING ADMISSIONS. (FILLED TO CAPACITY) Congratulations to all the participants in the 2013 MMA Draft Combine!
Who can Participate:
- Open to Mixed Martial Artists ages 13-30
- Limited to the first 100 Athletes
- The Top 10 Prospects on MMADraft.com will be invited via a free scholarship to attend and another 10 Prospects will be selected as wild cards to attend for free. Sign up to see if you will be selected.
Experience Levels: Open to all skill levels. The beauty about the standardized testing is that anyone that participates will be able to compare their results to their peers across the country. Our MMA Draft Staff is experienced in working with all age and experience levels.
Skills Tests: The MMA Skills (Wrestling, Grappling, Striking) portion of the tests will be conducted by experienced MMA Draft Staff. Our Staff will be used as your technique dummies and will assess your movements, strength, technique and knowledge of the sport.
Attire & Equipment: Any workout attire that you feel comfortable in can be worn. Running shoes will also be needed. You can bring your own gloves for Striking portion of the combine or you can borrow gloves from the Staff.
Swag Bag: Every Prospect that competes will be given a bag of MMA Draft goodies.
Cost: $85 per Prospect
NOTICE: In addition to registering at MMADraft.com, ALL PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS MUST HAVE AN EXPO PASS TO GET INTO THE COMBINE. To purchase a UFC Fan Expo day pass please click here (http://www.ufcfanexpo.com/Buy-Tickets/ ).
What we offer to Prospects:
- Gain exposure and network with top Industry Insiders, MMA Draft Scouts, Coaches, Teams, Gyms and Organizations!
- Absolute best way to assess your skills and potential for MMA.
- Evaluate where you are and find out where you stack against your competition
- Ability to recognize your strength and weaknesses
Who will be there:
Fighters Subject to change without notice
Russell Dunning MS, MPT: Russ has both academic degrees in engineering and biomechanics as well as a clinical degree in physical therapy. Russ currently works with some of the top MMA athletes in the world.
Saralyn Bregman: Licensed Clinical Psychologist with a specialization in Sports Psychology
10 Stations: (Video Examples for each station will be published shortly. Please check back)
- Vitals: Age, Weight, Reach, Height, Hand Scan & Skin Fold Test
- Endurance: Level 2 Beep Test
- Upper Power: Kneeling Med Ball Chest Launch
- Lower Power: 1, 2, & 3 Broad Jump
- Agility: 5-10-15 Shuttle Run
- Speed: 20 Meter Sprint
- Submission Grappling: 2 minute drill of best offense from top and bottom
- Wrestling: 2 minute Skills Drill with MMA Draft Scout
- Striking: 2 minute Mitt Session with MMA Draft Scout
- Mental Skills Assessment: 10 question questionnaire with 2 min introduction video